Saturday, June 20, 2009

Being an adult....

is tiring. I am full swing into my new job. I am really really loving it. The kids are so cute, the people are so nice, but I am tired all the time. Who knew that working full time would be exhausting? Gosh, when's my next nap?

Here are a few tidbits that you might enjoy:
- We took the kids to Hawaiian Falls (a small local waterpark) and I was in charge of the kindergarteners and 1st graders. One of my kids pooped in her bathing suit and I had to "take care of it". Wow.
- We were writing a note to our executive director and while the kids were signing it, one of the English speaking first graders asked if she spoke Spanish. I said that I didn't think so and I asked why he wondered. He looked dejected and said, "Oh, I wanted to sign my name in cursive." (as in he thinks that writing in cursive means you're writing in Spanish)
- I have the distinct honor of driving our 10-passenger van because the summer teacher isn't on the insurance yet. I was really nervous about it. On my first ride with the kids, I hit the curb on the way out of the parking lot. One of the kids said, "I thought you had your driver's license" to which I replied, "Hey! I don't need you to be rude right now!"
- This past Friday, we got the chance to go to some professional cooking classes. While the kids were eating lunch, I went back into the kitchen to get a cupcake and one of our first-graders was dancing (read: pelvic thrusting) to the music playing in the kitchen. hahahahaha.

Alex got officially accepted into grad school and he starts August 10th. He is really pumped. He's been such a great husband while I'm transitioning into this new job. God has really blessed us with some great friends and family. We'll keep you posted on any new developments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Being an adult is a bit tiring because you have to work to make ends meet. This is far from when you were young and you could simply rely on your parents for almost everything. However, it seems like you are with a great company. Also, being around kids will make you feel young and happy. I hope you’re still working there since you seemed to be having fun despite being tired. :)

Rupert Echard