Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Reason for the Season!

I'm excited to have some time off to celebrate Christmas. God has been teaching me lately about the intricacies of the Body of Christ and I am thankful that He appreciates diversity among the brothers and sisters of Christ. We pray that you and your loved ones have some time to spend some good quality time celebrating what God did for us on the first Christmas.

Alex has this week off for work. I don't know if he'll know what to do with himself! I worked last week, but I have off two weeks for Christmas. Yippee!



Here's how much fun Alex and I are having. ALOT of fun. This past week we took a gingerbread house over to our Iraqi family's house and here's how it turned out. Their English is getting so much better and we are getting to have more abstract conversations. They are simply wonderful people. They gave us some cheese rolls (boureg in Iraqi) that were unbelievable and we served them to our neighbors today and they were a big hit!
Which berings me to our next fun activity. Today, Alex and I hosted a White Elephant Gift Exchange party for our neighbors. It was lots and lots of fun. We ate good food, had a trivia game, did the gift exchange, and then Alex did a toast where we shared with them how big of a blessing they are. Honestly, God has blessed us BIG TIME this year with amazing friendships with very cool and very sweet people. THEN, Sarah wanted to go Christmas caroling, so a couple of us went caroled around the complex. Here's a video of us doing 'O Holy Night' which is Susan and Sarah's favorite.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: