Monday, April 6, 2009

New Beginnings

I got that job. I got the official call this afternoon, after which I danced around, woke Alex up, and got my dog riled up. We still need to work out the details (like salary and start date) but she's not going to interview anyone else. Wheeeee! I will probably write a blog about it later this week.

I also forgot to mention that we have possibly found a housechurch that we like. Last October, I found this lady's email address on some blog related to Metroplex House Churches and emailed her. I didn't hear back from her until the beginning of March. We've met with them twice now on Sunday mornings and they're an amazing group of people. What we really like about it is that it's a great mix of people. We have all ages, married, single, with kids, without kids. This past Sunday, we talked for about an hour and a half about what God is doing (and has done) in people's lives and one of the kids was struggling with the question of why God allows death (particularly of her kittens) to occur. Some people shared past struggles of abuse and how God has healed them. Basically, everyone is very open and comfortable and Alex and I both have felt God moving. Yay!

No comments: