Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mama Mia


(WARNING: If you tend to feel vomitous at things that are sweet and/or romantic, you may want to avoid this post.)

Here's how sweet my husband is. I came home from work Monday to find a homemade menu for "Ill Forks" hanging outside my door. (An aside: We always drive by this restaurant on the tollway. It's sign says "III Forks". I always say that it's Italian (Ill Forks) which could mean "The Forks". Alex contends that the name of the restaurant is "Three Forks". Will we ever find out? Probably not. Carrying on.....) It was written in fake Italian-English. So, I open the door, and my husband greets me with a towel draped on his arm and a fake paper mustache on his face. He was also yelling, "I make you-a spicy-a meatball-a!" We then had an Italian dinner and it was lovely.

One more reason why I love that guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cute.

Brooke said...

beth...how did i miss your blog? oh la la, je suis bete..vraiment.

thanks for the prayers. it's always an encouragement to know someone is interceding for you :) i don't know if there are any frenchmen here to fall in love with. that's pretty sad right? isn't france supposed to be romantic... haha!

well, at least someone in the world (i.e. your hubbs) is treatin' a lady right ;) how's girlscoutting et all other aspects of life?