Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wise Unemployment Has an End in Sight?

So, in the last blog, Alex told you that I was taking steps to become a grant writer. The class won't be done until the end of November and then I have to volunteer to write some grants to build up some experience, so I still need another job in the meantime.

That brings me to my exciting news! I have an interview on Thursday at 9:30am with Girl Scouts of America. (Unfortunately, if being in Girl Scouts is contingent on getting this job, I will fail. I dropped out of Girl Scouts way early). Basically, I would tutor 3rd grade girls in schools and mentor them as well. I would be done at 3pm, so I could work on grant writing in the early evenings.

The few things that I am struggling with are that the pay doesn't knock your socks off and it's pretty much a job that someone with a GED could do. When did I start caring about status and money? I don't know. I think I would really enjoy this, and so I should give it a shot! I'll update again on Thursday!

No comments: